Best Belmont Stakes Betting Sites in 2021
The biggest horse races in the US occur during the Spring, as the best thoroughbreds in the world compete for the Triple Crown. The Belmont Stakes is the oldest race of the three events and is known as the “Test of the Champion,” also being the longest race.
On this page, we will go over the best sites for betting on the Belmont Stakes, how you can sign up, the types of bets you can make, and what promotions are available.
|Sportsbook||Features||Bonus||Promo & Code|
TVG Review Read Review
$200 Risk-Free Bet
DRF Bets Review Read Review
$250 Match Deposit Bonus +$10 Free Bet
AmWager Review Read Review
$300 Deposit Match
Types of Belmont Bets
Here are the Belmont bets that you can make on the race:
- Win – Placing a wager on a horse to win
- Place – Placing a wager on a horse to come in at least 2nd
- Show – Placing a wager on a horse to come in at least 3rd
Across the Board – Placing all of the above wagers at the same time
All of the above wagers are the basic bets on the Belmont Stakes. The majority of people will be betting on a horse to win. However, if you place a show bet, it can be a little safer. But you will win less money if your horse wins than those who placed a win bet.
Here are some of the exotic bets on the Belmont Stakes:
- Exacta: Betting on two horses to come in 1st and 2nd
- Trifecta: Betting on three horses to come in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
- Superfecta: Betting on four horses to come in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and fourth.
If you place one of these wagers, you must pick the horses in the exact order that they finish. However, you can box these bets, which will cost more money, but the horses that you choose can come in any order.
Also, the Belmont Stakes is part of a racing festival at Belmont Park. There will be other races to bet on during the day. There are bets that you can place on multiple races at once.
- Daily Double: Betting on the winner of two races
- Pick 3: Betting on the winner of three races
- Pick 4: Betting on the winner of four races
- Pick 5: Betting on the winner of five races
What to Look for When Betting on the Belmont
There are multiple features and capabilities that we look at when doing horse racing site reviews.
- Usability: How does the site function? Is it user-friendly?
- Live Streaming: Does the site offer live streaming for a large number of races?
- Betting Features: What type of special betting features are available, especially for big races like the Belmont Stakes?
- News and Picks: Does the site have news about the horse racing industry? Does it include information and predictions from experts in the industry?
- Payment Methods: What are the accepted banking methods for deposits and withdrawals? Are there any fees?
- Customer Service: If you have an issue, are there easy ways to contact customer service?
When looking at all of these categories, there are a couple of horse racing sites that we believe check all of the boxes for betting on the Belmont.
$200 Risk-Free Bet
- Best horse betting site
- Large number of racetracks to wager on
- Option to stream live and replay races
If you have yet to sign up for a TVG account, new players can follow our links to receive a $300 risk-free bet! When using our links, the TVG promo code will be entered for you.
TVG is one of the leading horse racing sites. It has tons of extra features, including Watch TVG that allows you to stream many of the races that are available to bet on.
TVG will definitely offer betting bonuses for the Belmont, and there are other ongoing bonuses to use once you have signed up.
$300 Deposit Match
- Make your bets and wagers faster than ever
- Free live streaming on all races and past replays
- 60x faster updates than other platforms
There are two AmWager welcome bonuses that customers can choose from. Once is a $100 deposit match, and the other is a $500 cash back bonus. Be sure to read our review and use the correct AmWager promo code.
AmWager includes custom wagering, financial tools, and is one of the fastest platforms in the industry. You will have access to helpful information, such as how to bet and how to read a horse racing program.
The platform was designed to make it easy on the bettor. You will find that there is no need to have more than one page open at a time.
Tips for Betting on the Belmont Stakes
Here are some tips for betting on the Belmont Stakes.
Create an account before the day of the Belmont Stakes
Many people will be looking to create an account before the Belmont. Make sure you get an account created before the day of the race.
Customer service will be very busy on the day of the Belmont Stakes. Getting an account ready will ensure that you will be good to go for the big race.
Look at previous races
All of the horses will have previous races that you can look up on our recommended horse racing sites. For the Belmont, you will want to look to see how they have performed in distance races.
Plus, take into account the track conditions of the day. If it is raining, see if they have run on a wet track in the past.
Know the jockey, trainer, and owner
The race is much more than just the horse. Trainers, jockeys, and owners all play a big role.
Check to see how the jockeys and trainers have previously performed at Belmont Park. Has the jockey been riding the horse in the former races?
Check expert analysis
There are handicapping experts that will be giving information about the race once the Preakness has been completed. Stay on top of the latest news and see what the experts are saying.
Horse racing sites will provide much of this analysis and news for you.
History of the Belmont Stakes
The Belmont Stakes is the oldest event in the Triple Crown. It was first run at Jerome Park in 1867, then moving to Morris Park before finding its home in Belmont Park in 1905.
It is the longest race of the Triple Crown, going 1 ½ mile, which is one full circle around the track at Belmont Park. It is well known as the toughest event to win once a horse has won the first two legs of the Triple Crown.
Twenty-nine horses have entered the Belmont Stakes with a chance of winning the Triple Crown. Only 13 have done so.
Belmont Stakes Facts and Records
- The race was initially run at 1 5/8 miles before going to 1 ½ mile in 1927
- Secretariat ran the fastest Belmont Stakes in 1973 at 2:24:00
- The blanket draped on the winner is made up of over 700 carnations
- Belmont Park is the largest dirt track in North America
- The race didn’t run in 1911 and 1912 due to an anti betting legislation
- Trainer James G Rowe Sr. holds the record winning 8 Belmont Stakes
- Jockeys Jim McLaughlin and Eddie Arcaro share the record with 6 wins
The first leg of the Triple Crown is the Kentucky Derby, held at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky. It is the most well-known horse race in the world. Also referred to as the “Run for the Roses,” over 100,000 horse racing fans come out to watch the event on the first Saturday in May, with millions watching on TV.
The Kentucky Derby has created some of the most infamous horses, jockeys, and trainers. The horse that wins this event will be a popular option in the Preakness.
The second leg, the Preakness Stakes, is held on the third Saturday in May at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore, Maryland. It is only 1 3/16 of a mile, being the shortest of the three races.
If a horse wins those two races, it makes the Belmont Stakes a huge event. All eyes will be on that horse to capture the Triple Crown. Horses, jockeys, and trainers go down in history once accomplishing the feat.
Here are the thirteen horses that have won the Triple Crown.
1919 Sir Barton
1930 Gallant Fox
1937 War Admiral
1943 Count Fleet
1977 Seattle Slew
2015 American Pharoah
Payouts for Belmont Stakes Bets
Here are some approximate payouts for a $2 win wager based on the odds of the horse.
- 1-2: $3
- 1-1: $4
- 3-2 $5
- 2-1: $6
- 3-1: $8
- 4-1: $10
- 5-1: $12
- 10-1: $22
- 20-1: $42
- 50-1: $102
Betting on the Belmont Stakes FAQs
The Triple Crown is a series of races in the US of the top thoroughbreds in the world. The races are the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness Stakes, and the Belmont Stakes.
Horse racing betting is legal in most states. Check with the operator of your choice to see if it is authorized in your state.
The horse racing sites on our page are legal to use and will include Belmont promos, streaming services, and more betting features.
The Belmont will be televised on live TV, but depending on the horse racing site, you can check to see if it is available for streaming on the betting app.